Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Our Happy Little Family- A Little Personal

I hope you have read what I wrote yesterday first, because everything sort of fits together.

Well, after a hard 2 1/2 years of marriage, we decided that we wanted to start our own little family. In October of 2005, that decision was made and in December of 2005, we were pregnant. We were so excited! Trough all of the nausea that I was experiencing, I was still very excited to be starting my own family. We finally knew that this was God's plan and we were ready for whatever was ahead. We knew right away that we wanted our children to be
raised up in a Christian home and we had already started on the right path by being active in a church that we called, and still call, home. I could not have asked for a better husband during that time of my life. Bill was awesome! He cooked for me, cleaned house, washed clothes, and even rubbed my back when I wasn't feeling well. I knew that this was going to be a wonderful experience that we were going through together and thanks to him, we made it. On August 19, my water broke, and since I was not hurting, I was able to get dressed up, yes make-up and all, to go to the hospital. I did not know what lied ahead, but I was sure going to look my best at whatever was going to happen. I got there, they checked me in, and nothing. No labor, nothing. So they had to enduce me, and then bam, right away I felt my first labor pain. Fortunately, I was able to get an epidural, so very shortly after, I wasn't feeling any pain. I pushed for 2 hours and my baby girl could not come out. She got stuck in my pelvic bone and no matter how hard I pushed, she was not coming out. So, I had to hear what every woman for the first time dreads hearing, "You have to have a C-Section." So they dressed me up and prepped me for surgery. I was ready to see my little girl so the tears only lasted for a few seconds. They were just tears of fear and excitement of knowing that when I left that room, I would be a mother for the first time. So I kissed my mother goodbye, who was with Bill and me the whole 2 hours of pushing. She could not be there to see her first grandchild being born. My family waited patiently for about 50 minutes to see our precious little Madilyn Grace. At 2:14 am on Sunday August 20, 2006, Madilyn Grace braced us with her presence. Since then she has been a joy to be around. She is now almost 3 years old, where does the time go? I love my little princess. I rush out the door of work everyday at 3:15 to go and pick her up. Even though she wears me out with all of her energy, at the end of the day I thank God for my little miracle. I pray that she will always be happy and make the right choices in life. She loves going to church and we as her parents hope this continues for a lifetime.

In May of 2008, we decided that we wanted another child, so we started trying. We wanted our kids to be about 2 to 3 years apart so it was time for another one. Eight months later, we found out that we were expecting again. What joy we felt! Madilyn Grace was going to be a Big Sister.

I've got to admit that during those 8 months I was starting to lose all hope. Looking back on it, I feel guilty now because we have so many friends who are trying and have been trying to conceive for years now, 8 months was nothing. I pray that when the time is right, everyone that is wanting to become parents will. It is such a blessing!

Well, the first 16 weeks were horrible for me. A lot worse this time than last. My doctor had to give me meds for nausea just so I could go to work. I was sick all day at work, all day at home, and all night in bed. This time I had to care for a 2 1/2 year old, so it was much harder for me. Again, I mention my wonderful husband. I just thought he was wonderful last time I as going through this, he has been phenomenal! Although the house didn't stay as spotless as I would have liked, he spent time with our little princess and that was something that I just could not do. They truly had a Father-Daughter bonding moment every day for at least 4 months. Although I was sick to move around, my heart was filled with joy to hear and see them bonding like they were. Thank you Bill for all you've done and are still doing. You are an amazing husband!

I am now almost 26 weeks pregnant and anticipating the moment for our second daughter, Natalee Brooke, to arrive. However, I am a little stressed because we don't have her room decorated yet. By this time when I was pregnant with Madilyn Grace we were ready, clothes were washed and hung up, but not this time. We are waiting on Madilyn Grace's new bed before we can pass down the baby bed to Natalee Brooke. Hopefully by the end of the summer, we will have everything ready to go. Just pray for my patience because I don't seem to have much right now.

I hope I haven't bored you with all of my personal notes, but I think I have just about caught everyone up. Do you feel like you know us a little better now? That is my plan, to share with you about "Our Lives," where we've been, where we are now, and where we are going. Please join us each day.

I would like to close with this:
Train a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not turn from it. (Proverbs 22:6 NIV)

Still Growing in Christ,
Tanya

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Tanya,
I am so happy for you all. It is amazing what can happen in your life when you let God in and give everything to him. Blake and I have just recently joined a church and it is truely a blessing. I think Eli was our message from God letting us know that he was there and had not given up on us. Thanks for posting this blog. It is so uplifting to see what others go through and to see that you CAN survive the rough times. Marriage is definately not easy and continuously takes work from both partners. I think this day and time too many new couples just give up when things get the least bit hard, and don't get to really experience the happiness at the end of the road. Good luck and I can't wait to meet Natalee Brooke!!

Tricia said...

Thank you so much for sharing your story! I just love hearing how God does His redeeming work in our lives and hearing about the blessing He showers His children with...

You truly are blessed...

Blessings!

Mamma Hicks said...

Well, I just read your entire blog...end to beginning! =)
Good to hear how God has working in your life over the years. We both look forward to getting to know everybody and getting involved at Calera!