Friday, June 19, 2009

So Much to Do, So Little Time to Do It!

Since I am out of work for the summer, I have a lot of time to sit and ponder about things that need to be done. I'm not talking about house cleaning, I do that just about daily. I'm talking about preparing for our new arrival.

I know each pregnancy is different, but Madilyn Grace came at the end of my 36th week. If this one is anything like the first one, I only have about 10 weeks left, give or take a few days. We've only bought a crib set (bedding sheets) for Natalee Brooke and that's it. Her room is just as bare as the day we moved in. As each day passes I get more stressed out. I can't do anything without my husband because it's either big pieces of furniture that needs to be moved or something high that needs to be hung up and I am NOT supposed to be lifting heavy things or stretching too high above my head, according to doctors orders. Bill works everyday and when he comes in I don't want to ask him to do too much because I know he's had a long day. It seems like every weekend since the summer has started we've had somewhere to go or someone to see out of town. We don't have family here in Calera, so when there is a birthday, we have to travel at least an hour or more to see everyone. But, we make do. We love it here in Calera and wouldn't change it for the world.

I know if I just pray about it, things will come together in time. I have OCD and I have to have things done as soon as possible. But, when you can't do it on your own, there's really nothing else you can do about it but wait for help. So that's what I am doing, waiting. In the mean time,
instead of worrying and complaining, I will pray and read the Word of God. Romans 8:25 says, "But if we hope for what we do not yet have, we wait for it patiently" and Romans 12:12 says, "Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer." Pray for me as I apply this scripture to my daily life. Thank you for joining me today.

Still Growing in Christ,
Tanya

2 comments:

Meredith said...

Welcome to blogger world!! I just read all your posts and I had no idea about your hard times. So thankful for a faithful God! After the 4th, I could help you do stuff. I looove to decorate and move furniture!! I could send John Ryan to daycare and we could organize until our little hearts content!! But I understand if you want it to be just a hubby thing.

Tricia said...

I would be glad to come and help you get stuff done! It would be fun to get to do some little girl stuff... just let me know if you want some help!

Blessings!