Thursday, June 25, 2009

Thank You Mama!

Today I had to be at Brookwood Hospital to re-take my blood sugar test at 8:00. I have always taken Madilyn Grace with me and she has always been a good girl, she just needed a little more attention than I felt like giving and we had to make several trips to the bathroom every time we went. Mama happened to be off of work so she came down to ride with us to the doctor's office. She had to leave a little before 5:00 to get here in time for me to beat the traffic on 65. I was able to sit and just relax while there, Mama (Nana) did just about everything else. I am so thankful that she was there. I was more relaxed than usual. I passed the tests, by the way. I guess I just needed my Mama with me, too. Now I know how Madilyn Grace feels when she "just needs her Mama."

After my appointment, we went to lunch with Bill, and then came home. I was very tired after spending a few hours at the hopital. I'm sitting here watching TV with Madilyn Grace and my Mama is downstairs cleaning up. I feel bad that she is doing what I should be doing, but she insisted. I had mentioned how much of a hastle it is to clean house now, and we have a bathroom downstairs that Bill had to do some work on, so it was very dusty and needed a BIG cleaning up. Again, I am very thankful that she is doing that for me. What a Mama!!

I would like to share a quote from Washington Irving: A mother is the truest friend we have, when trials, heavy and sudden, fall upon us; when adversity takes the place of prosperity; when friends who rejoice with us in our sunshine, desert us when troubles thicken around us, still will she cling to us, and endeavor by her kind precepts and counsels to dissipate the clouds of darkness, and cause peace to return to our hearts. Thanks Mama, not only for what you've done today, but what you've done all of my life. I love you with all of my heart!!

Still Growing in Christ,
Tanya

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Tanya...as you are learning with Madelyn Grace and soon Natalee Brooke, Mama's never quit being mamas...never stop loving...never stop giving...never stop hoping for the best for their child.....it's a life-long job...a life-long commitment...a life-long love!
You have a sweet and precious mom! Just tell her often how much she means to you..and how thankful you are to have her as your mom!
Thank you for sharing such a sweet story!
Susan Waters