Thursday, June 18, 2009

Our Last Vacation With Just the Three of Us




On Sunday evening we were returning from a week long vacation from Destin, FL when I was thinking the whole way back home that the next time we did this we would have 2 kids to keep up with. One child nearly wore us out, what in the world would we do with 2? There again, I was thinking about people we know that have more children than we do. Why do I complain and worry about what I have or about what is coming? Some people would just be happy enough to get to go to the beach. I'm sure you don't hear them complaining.

Well, the whole time we were there we wanted the trip to be all about Madilyn Grace. So each day we did something fun for her like, go to the beach and play in the sand (3 times a day), play in the ocean as long as she wanted to (for hours), swim in the pool (as long as daddy played with her). One day we even took her to The Track to ride on the rides and play games for tickets (as long as she got a toy with her tickets). We also let her eat whatever she wanted instead of me saying, "No you don't need that." That's what vacation is all about right? But this time the focus was on her, not us. Well, for the most part.

Let me tell you, going to the beach at almost 7 months pregnant is NOT much fun. My husband had to carry just about everything down to the pool or the beach himself, along with helping me because I was waddling like a duck because my legs were rubbing together. Not to mention, when I sat down he would have to help me back up because I was unable to get up by myself. Towards the end of the week, he had to use both hands and all of his strength to get me up. The heat and the sun made me swell up like a hot air balloon. I felt so horrible!! Even through all of my griping and complaining, he told me that I looked beautiful to him. Sometimes we just need to hear those things.

Vacation was fun and it's always sad to leave, but once you walk through the doors of your own home it's nice to be home. There's no place like home!

In closing I would like to quote the Bible: Give thanks to the LORD, for He is good; His love endures forever (Psalm 107:1) . I am truly thankful for the time that I had with my family. We made memories that will last a lifetime. I am looking forward to many more memories to be made with my happy little family. Thank you God for blessing me with my precious gifts!

Still Growing in Christ,
Tanya

1 comment:

Meredith said...

Glad you guys had fun....you are an awfully good sport to go as a pregnant girl!!! Being pregnant in the heat sounds miserable.....you are a tough cookie