Saturday, July 18, 2009

Date Night

All day long I had been waiting for our date. Needless to say, it was a long day. Madilyn Grace was not in the best of moods, so I was very tired by the end of the day when it was time for me to start getting ready for out date. MG and I finally got ready and I made it to the baby sitter's house about 10 minutes late. Well, the funniest thing happened to me when I got in the car. I usually leave my radio on one station, 93.7, I'm not much of a flipper. But there was too much talk on the radio and that is not what I wanted to hear at the time. I turned the radio to the country station 104.7 and there was this song coming on and I just knew it was on the radio just for me. I listened to it, the best I could with Madilyn Grace talking to me. I had heard it before but I never really payed that much attention to it until yesterday. I put a video of the song at the bottom of this blog because it fits yesterday so well for me. Listen to it before you leave my blog, maybe you can relate.

Now to the date, last night, Bill and I was able to go out on a date. We haven't been out, childless, since May 15, Bill's birthday. It was so nice. We went to Olive Garden to eat and then out to the movies. We saw The Proposal. The movie was pretty good, better than I thought it would be. We say every time we go out that we need to do that at least once a month, but now it's going to be a little harder to find a sitter for 2 kids.


After dropping MG off I suddenly realized how quiet my vehicle was. I'm usually having to answer a lot of questions or just simply have a toddler conversation going down the road. It was quiet, so I actually got to turn my radio up a little louder than normal. I had a few errands to run that required me to get out of the car so I ran them before I had to meet Bill at the restaurant. I realized that I did not have to go to the back seat to get MG out of the car and carry her inside with me. Then I had to go by the bank and I didn't have to ask for a sucker, like I do every other time I go. It was nice being able to go to the bathroom by myself at the restaurant, eat without stopping 20 times to do something, watch a movie without having to leave and go to the bathroom again, being talked into buying some candy during the best part of the movie, you see where I am going with this. But I found myself looking around the restaurant while we were there seeing all of the other kids doing kid things at the table, all of the other mommies taking their little ones to the bathroom, some were leaving the movies to either go to the bathroom with their child or to buy them something at the concession stands. It made me miss Madilyn Grace so much! I couldn't help but to think about the song I had heard as I was leaving the house.

I enjoyed the time alone that I had with my husband, but at the same time I could not get my little girl off of my mind. I am addicted to her and having the summer off doesn't help any. She wears me out to the point of exhaustion when I am with her all day, it could be because I am pregnant, but when she is not with me, she's all I think about. Looking down the road, I know that I am going to miss all of the little and big things that occurs in our day to day lives, so I am just going to sit back and take in every moment I have with my little family. I love them so much!!



To play the video and hear the song, pause the music on the sidebar and then press play button.


Still Growing in Christ,
Tanya

No comments: