Thursday, July 16, 2009

The Rooms are Ready

We finally have both girls' bedrooms all ready to go. I feel like a weight has been lifted off of my shoulders. Here are some pictures of Natalee Brooke's room. Very simple, but I know from experience that I will be redecorating it again soon.

We are using the same bed that we used for Madilyn Grace. She stayed in that bed for almost 2 1/2 years. Hopefully, Natalee Brooke will do the same. The chair is one that we used in Madilyn Grace's nursery. It was not the right color, so I just bought a brown sheet and covered it up. It doesn't look as bad as it sounds. Chair covers were too expensive, so I thought the sheet would work just fine.

The changing table is something that we had with Madilyn Grace. I haven't changed a diaper in a while, I hope I still remember how to do it. I cried when I had to get Madilyn Grace's clothes out of her dressers. Well, I guess the dressers are not hers anymore, but it was very sad for me to empty them out. We knew when we bought her furniture that it would only be hers for a short while, but I did not imagine how sad it would be the day we passed it down to her sibling.

You cannot read the sign above her bed, but it says Sweet Dreams. I hope Natalee Brooke sleeps better than Madilyn Grace did. She was a horrible sleeper. I guess we will find out here pretty soon.

I am ready to meet our little angel. Yes, "Angel", that is what we will call her. Madilyn Grace is our "Little Princess" so I had to come up with something to call Natalee Brooke. My "Little Princess" and my "Angel," that has a nice sound.

Since we had to pass the bed down to the baby, we had to buy Madilyn Grace a new bed. I wanted to get her a bunk bed, so we looked and found a great price on a used one. It was not the color that I wanted it to be, so we painted it white to match the rest of Madilyn Grace's room. Overall, we are pleased with how it turned out. I still have to lay down with Madilyn Grace each night, I guess it's just too big for her. She loves to play on the top bunk, so I let her keep most of her stuffed animals and babies up there. I don't worry about how neat the top bunk stays because no one really looks up there. (Madilyn Grace had to model the bed, she insisted. Click on the pictures to see a closer look.)

On one side of her bed there is a bookshelf. I am very thankful for the bookshelf because the baskets that I originally had her books in were overflowing. I didn't realize how many books she had. I guess the teacher in me wanted her to have a lot. Now if I could just teach her how to read them herself. I think I have read every one to her at least 5 times each, if not more. She does love her books! On the other side is a desk. I put a blanket at the top of it so that you cannot see the top bunk. I'm sure it won't stay there long.
There's not much to her desk right now, but eventually she will put it to good use. The rest of the pictures are just snapshots around her room. What you see is her recliner, TV, and her little table where we eat breakfast and have our tea parties. We had to move the table out from in front of the window because the bed was so big, but we can still see outside.



Well, thanks to everyone who said they would help out either by watching Madilyn Grace while we finished the rooms or coming by the house to help hang pictures. We managed and I think we are done, for now anyway. I hope you enjoyed the little tour of our little girls' rooms.

Still Growing in Christ,
Tanya