Sunday, July 5, 2009

We Had a Wonderful 4th of July!

Yesterday was the 4th of July. What a beautiful day to celebrate!

Before I get into what we did, I want to take a moment to tell you what the 4th of July means to me. This day marks the day that our founding fathers stood up for us to give us the freedom of which we still enjoy today!!!! Without all the people that have and continue to defend this freedom we would not be able to enjoy this day!!!! Also this day means that I am Free!!!!!!!

My dad and step mom invited us to be with them this 4th of
July at Wind Creek, so we couldn't turn them down. They had a camper if we got too hot and wanted some air-conditioning and a big lake if we wanted to go swimming. We could not have asked for better weather. It was hot, but we were at Wind Creek so we could dip into the water whenever the heat got too unbearable.

We ate, swam, talked, ate some more, swam some more, well you get the picture. It was fun! At the end of the day we got ready and went down to the amphitheater down past Children's Harbor to listen to music and get ready for the magnificent firework show that started at 9:00. All I can say was wow! It was the best firework display I have seen in years. Madilyn Grace really enjoyed them. We've always taken her to see fireworks on the 4th, but this year I think she enjoyed them most of all.

I can hardly get through the 4th of July with a dry eye. I am so proud to be an American and I love this land more than ever! Let it forever be a beacon of hope for the entire world. With all of our problems, there is still no where in the world that I would rather be! God Bless America!
Still Growing in Christ,
Tanya

No comments: