Tuesday, July 28, 2009

What I've Been Up To

Wow! I had an okay weekend. After cleaning house Friday night so I wouldn't have to do it Saturday, I started having Braxton Hicks. It didn't last very long, thank goodness. Then I started having heartburn that is still going on today. Saturday I tried teaching MG how to read, but she lost interest very quickly. She wanted to play her computer game that I showed her last week. Great mommy! But I figured next time I could use that as a bribery, if she reads the cards I made her for about 30 minutes or so, then she can get on the computer. Why didn't I think of that Saturday? I think it's because I really didn't want to do it myself so why should I make her do it? Sunday was church and then we came home and cooked hot dogs on the grill. Yes, that added to my heartburn. Sunday night we had watermelon and music out in our church parking lot. Even though I do not eat watermelon, it was fun. I love listening to our praise band. They are GREAT!! Yesterday I packed MG's and mine and daddy's bag for the hospital. Now if I can get Bill to put the baby car seat in, I will be good to go. I have a strong feeling this one is going to come early. MG was 3 weeks early, so why shouldn't this one? Even though my doctor said I could go full term, I just know with school starting back soon and me being stressed out, something will happen. I will be ready, though. Today we woke up and got breakfast at Burger King. Then MG and I went to the park in Alabaster, ate breakfast, and played until time for the 10:00 movie. We watched Babe, which she loved. She talked most of the way through it, just asking those little toddler questions. Since we've been home, she's been playing while I tutored 2 boys, 1 hour each. She plays really well when I am tutoring. I am very thankful for that.

Oh yeah, yesterday I got an e-mail from a friend to join Facebook and so I did. I signed up thinking that I was just going to sign in so I can keep up with my friends. Well, I signed up yesterday morning and in between all of my chores I found myself on my computer, all the way up to 10:00 lastnight. It was a busy day on FB because a lot of my friends, old and new, were commenting me left and right. It was sooo much fun. So I guess I will be juggling myself in between my blog, FB, family, and quiet time with the LORD, in no particular order, while I still have the time. I can do it!!

Still Growing in Christ,
Tanya

1 comment:

Tricia said...

You will just have to find that right balance that is right for you and your family and not let the draw of the computer take over... it is a battle we all face! I so love reading your blog, you are a great mommy and have a precious family!

Blessings!